For our clients
We work according to the current standards in respiratory medicine and clinical research. We have a long-standing expertise in pulmonary research, and are focused only to this topic to offer a high-quality research. This is documented in a high number of performed clinical trials and international publications.
Our main focuses are evaluation of airway inflammation in asthma and COPD as well as new targets in pulmonary medicine. A special interest is treatment of the severe end stages of asthma and COPD. In case that support is needed by the client in the development of clinical trial protocols and development strategies, we can offer our long-term experience as advisors.
We recruit our patients by referral from our own practices and from other colleagues and by advertisement in newspapers. We have a database of appr. 1200 patients so far with COPD and Asthma.
We can offer over-night stays for the patients in case this is part of the protocol. Overnight stays can be organized at our site. If necessary, we are able to perform polysomnographic assessments to evaluate the effects of certain drugs on sleep quality.
-20° and -80° fridges are available; additional, a cooled centrifuge is in place.
Monitors are offered a separate working place with internet access.
We work with the following methods:
- Spirometry (CareFusion Masterscreen)
- Bodyplethysmography (CareFusion Masterscreen)
- Exhaled nitric oxide eNO (NIOX)
- Induced Sputum including sputum supernatants
- Impedance-oscillometry IOS
- Unspecific bronchial provocation tests (Methacholine, Histamin, AMP, Mannitol)
- Spezific bronchial provocation tests (Allergen)
- ECG / Holter-ECG
- Ergometry / Spiroergometry (CareFusion MasterScreen CPX)
- Skin prick test